Thursday, June 10, 2010

Going Poopy


This ornery little boy has pooped in the potty 5 times over the last 6 days. We missed Sunday morning, because we were in a rush to get out the door for church.

I started putting him on the potty during the first week of June when I realized that he was pooping every morning right after breakfast. And since it is a much easier and less time consuming clean up if he goes in the potty instead of his cloth diaper, I decided to try it. After just a few mornings of not going or only peeing, he started pooping within the first 5 minutes of sitting on the potty. Success!!! Now every morning, after breakfast, we walk to the potty so that Orin can go poopy. At this point he gets lots of praise and no reward, because he doesn't fully understand what he is even doing yet.

I am no where near ready to potty train him, and he is definately no where near ready mentally. But this is a step in the right direction! Yeah for not having to dunk poopy cloth diapers in the toilet!!!

1 comment:

Corinne Doughan said...

YAY Orin!!! I've thought about doing that with Micah, but both of our bathrooms are upstairs and having another preschooler to contend with makes it more difficult. Micah pooped on the potty that one time and hasn't shown any interest since. (sigh) He's aleast pooping at regular times now, but I think it'll be awhile before he decides he wants to be trained. GREAT WORK Katie!! Oh and I LOVE the picture of Orin in this post!!!!!! I think it's one of my all time favorites.