Thursday, November 20, 2008

Student Letter

I have a young boy in my class who has been struggling to pay attention and focus on what the class is working on. He is more interested in socializing with the kids around him. Sometimes I have to tell him 2 or 3 times to get something out before it actually happens.

Anyways, his mom has noticed a drop in his Language grade and was wondering what was up with that. I sent a note home explaining his current behavior in the classroom and how he might be able to bring that grade up with a few extra listening skills.

The next day, I received an apology letter:

I'm sorry for my behavior. I'm not going to have to be told 2 or 3 times anymore. I'm going to complete all the homework I get.

That sweet letter made my day. :) And he had a much better day!

1 comment:

andrea said...

yay for good parents who care about what their kids do in school!