My sweet Orin Dale, today you are six months old!
Here is what you have been up to:
• You weigh around 17.5 lbs
• You wear size 2 diapers. Although, you could fit into size 3.
• You wear size 6-9 month clothes. But you need 12 month pajamas because you are so long.
• You still love your pacifier. You usually only have it when you are sleeping, but lately you have had a hard time making it all the way to naptime without being cranky. So I end up giving it to you earlier.
• One of your new favorite activities is to cuddle up with mama while sucking on your pacifier. You are not usually a cuddle bug, unless you have your pacifier. That is the only time you will sit still and let mama rock you and hold you. This has been especially true now that you are sick!
• You smile a lot and your little grin is the best thing in the whole world!
• You have started baby food. You have only had squash, but you really like it! You started yesterday with one cube for lunch and one cube for supper. Today you went up to two cubes. However, you didn't get to eat any for supper, because right when I tried to feed you, you threw up everything! You may have more than just a head cold.
• You are sitting more and more every day with assistance.
• Your hair is light brown and very feathery. It sticks up all over the place.
• You grab and hold your toes a lot.
• This past Sunday, August 16, is when you started really rolling over. Before then, you would roll over occasionally, but you never quite figured it out until this week. Now you roll over every time you get the chance.
• When you roll to your tummy in bed, you scream and scream. You like to roll over, but not if it means you are stuck on your belly!
• You continue to drool and gum like crazy. Maybe we will see some teeth soon?
• Your jumperoo is your favorite place to be. We even toted it clear to Minnesota on vacation. We think you could jump all day long and never wear out.
• You reach out for your toys and your bottle. In fact, when we sit down to feed you, you can hardly stand to see the bottle without reaching for it to pull it into your mouth.
• Your little hands grab onto our faces and you like to pull mama’s hair.
• You are big on giving kisses. We will kiss your little lips and you will open your mouth wide and stick out your little tongue.
• You still fight your bottle something fierce. It is a huge battle to give you your 24 ounces of milk a day. You will drink the first bottle of the day perfectly. For the last three bottles, you will take 1-3 oz. well (hence the pulling the bottle into your mouth). But after that, we have to lay you on the floor and use a rattle, toy, or singing to distract you while we feed you the rest of the bottle.
• You sleep like a champ. Great naps and all through the night.
• You are very ticklish. You laugh and laugh and it is infectious!
• Nicknames- Buckaroo, Mister, Little Man
You have grown and changed so much in six months. On the one hand, it seems like just yesterday you were born. And on the other, it seems like we have had you in our lives forever. You, baby boy, have completely changed our world for the good. Getting to call you ours is the greatest blessing we've ever received. We love you all the way to the moon and back. Times a million.