Saturday, August 15, 2009

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety Jig

We are home!! After leaving the resort at 7:00pm, we walked in our door at 2:30am. It was a very long night of driving!

We weren’t planning to leave until early Saturday morning (which would have put us home by 2:00pm), but everyone was anxious to get home a little earlier. I was thankful to have all of Saturday at home to get things done. When Orin and I left for vacation, the house was tidy and everything was in its place, but I definitely had not “deep cleaned” the house. So I spent much of the day cleaning the floors, scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom, and doing laundry. Tons of laundry! My count so far is 6 loads. It is never ending!

Anyways, we said our good-byes to all my cousins and aunts and uncles, and headed out. We stopped to get gas and didn’t stop again until 9:00 to feed Orin. My family and grandparents were caravanning with us, so it was fun to have a late supper with them before parting ways. Orin put on a show for two girls and their mother in the McDonalds. He was laughing and smiling at them, and they couldn’t stop oohing and aahing over him. He’s such a happy baby, and I couldn’t help but be a little proud of my little man.

My family went their separate way after many kisses on their baby. They got to spend two weeks with Orin so it was very hard for them to leave him! And I know he is missing them and wondering where everyone is. He had 15 people doting on him all day long for the past two weeks, so he doesn’t quite know what to think about the lack of attention and entertainment.

The little man did excellent on the way home. One bonus to driving through the night I guess. Baby sleeps while the parents pry their eyes open to stay awake. He did wake up twice crying, but I gave him a pillowcase to use as a blanket and his pacifier and he was out like a light. When we got home, we unpacked the bare minimums, transferred Orin to his bed, and then we crashed.

Today, I woke up at 8:30 to wake and feed Orin, and I let Ryan sleep in. Then I got to take a two hour nap midday while he took care of the babe. It worked out well, and we got a ton of stuff done.

It’s always hard leaving our family vacation, but it feels good to be back home again. I have a few posts coming up about our camping adventure and our week in the cabin. And I have many, many, many pictures to share!

No comments: