Saturday, November 21, 2009
Someone is 9 months old today! I can hardly believe it. On one hand it seems like he has been with us forever and we can’t imagine life without our little man. And on the other hand, it feels like just yesterday when we got to hold this precious baby boy for the first time.
Here is what he is up to at 9 months:
• Wears 12-18 month clothes pajamas
• Just moved up to size 4 diapers
• Weighs around 20 pounds
• Sill loves to roll everywhere
• Does no form of crawling to get around
• Just learned today how to go from laying down to sitting up
• Loves to look at and read books
• Prefers to play with toys that light up or make sounds
• Has the cutest smile in town
• Smiles and laughs a lot!
• Eats four 6ounce bottles (24 ounces)
• Eats a jar of baby food after each mealtime bottle- loves the jarred food!
• Very little fighting of the bottle has occurred this week- probably due to the healing of the ear infection
• Had his second ear infection this month
• Amoxicillin makes for some really nasty diapers and blowouts!
• Drinks water out of a sippy cup after each meal of solids
• Has really discovered his voice box this month- screams and growls a lot!
• Says dada and other random sounds
• Is very aggressive- he loves to kick and slap when being held because he is so excited!
• Busy, busy, busy constantly getting into something
• Hates any kind of textured food, even the homemade baby food
• Takes two naps a day: 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-4:00
• Bedtime routine starts around 7:30 and he is usually in bed around 8:15
• Still no teeth
• The wild hair is finally starting to lay flat which makes me a little sad.
• Is extremely quiet and content in the car (unless it is a long trip)- he is very curious and loves to look out the window
• Smiles from ear to ear and gets super excited when Daddy comes home for lunch and at the end of the day
• Loves to grab our faces and to give us kisses