Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful holiday weekend, however we have no pictures to show for it! I know that is a shocker considering I’m always taking pictures.

Friday, I left early from school, and we raced down to Des Moines for my cousin’s wedding. We got there with 5 minutes to spare. The ceremony was 15 minutes long…not even enough time for little man to finish his bottle. That was mistake number one on our part. Off to the reception we went. After Orin drank the rest of his bottle, he was passed from person to person at two different tables. Mistake number two. Around seven, he took a cat nap but was quickly woken up by the speaker system and applauding as the wedding party entered the reception. Mistake number three…not really our fault but definitely not good for Orin. Chaos + Loud noises + Lots of People + Lack of Sleep= One Very Upset and Inconsolable Baby. We could not get him settled down even when we took him outside. It was bizarre. We had never seen him like that before, and I was starting to wonder if he had developed the strep throat I had earlier in the week. We decided it would be best to go back to my parent’s house, rather than have a screaming child ruin the excitement of the reception. We hadn’t been driving 1 minute when Orin fell asleep in his carseat. It was quiet and he could sleep. That’s all he needed. That night, he slept all night and woke up chipper as a lark. I decided he wasn’t sick. He was just not enjoying the chaos going on around him. I was so glad he was his normal self again!

So…we actually had the camera with us, but who really wants pictures of a screaming baby??

Saturday night, my friend Stacie and her husband stayed with us. They had to come to a wedding close by, so we invited them over for the night. It was so great to catch up and for them to meet Orin.

Monday was spent relaxing at home. Ryan let me sleep in, although considering I scrapbooked really late Sunday night, I really didn’t get extra sleep. We didn’t do anything super exciting, but it was so nice to have an extra day as a family. I caught up in Orin’s scrapbook, and Ryan worked on coffee shop stuff and his book. We also took a walk minus the stroller. We left it at my parent’s house. So I used the wrap. Needless to say, we didn’t walk very far. I wish all weeks were 4 day work weeks!

No comments: