Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Weekend

We had a great weekend!! It was mostly spent outside with family and friends in the beautiful weather.

Ryan and Orin took me out to eat Friday for my birthday, which was on Saturday. Of course, we went to Applebees. I love that place! Their Triple Chocolate Meltdown is to die for…but it’s really not helping me shed the pregnancy pounds! Oh well, it was my birthday, right??

My family came up to help me celebrate my birthday on Saturday. It was so fun to see everyone. I told Ryan I think it was my favorite birthday celebration to date…but I’m not really even sure why. I think it was just a combination of it being my first birthday as a mom, spending a fantastic day with family, grilling out, and enjoying the incredible weather.

Ryan served me breakfast in bed, which consisted of eggs, toast, and fruit. Then we waited for family to get here around 11:00. Mom helped me do a little packing, and then we ate lunch, and spent time outside in the sun. As you can see, Orin enjoyed sunbathing with his Auntie Molls. Actually, he was only out there for 2 minutes so we could get some pictures for the scrapbook.


As for gifts, Orin surprised me with two cricut cartridges that I’m really excited to use!! And Ryan, AKA Mr. Sneaky, got me a new scrapbooking album for Orin (since two months of his life filled the first album!), pages, protectors, and tape. My family and grandparents gave me money to put towards a new SLR camera. I change my mind on a daily basis, but I’m trying to decide between the Canon 40D and Canon 50D. It’s a tough and expensive choice to make. And I feel that I don’t know enough to make an educated decision on which camera and lenses to buy. I’ll let you know when I reach a decision.

Today, we went to church for the last time since we are moving this Saturday. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be saying goodbye to our church home for the last two years. I feel like within the last 6 months, we have really started feeling like that was our church home, and we were really getting close to a lot of people.

Our Bible Study group had a BBQ in our honor tonight night. We had a blast playing sand volleyball and blongo ball, grilling, chatting, and passing around Orin. Ryan and I both agree that our Bible Study couples make it the hardest for us to move away. We will really miss them a lot! Hopefully we can stay in contact as most of them travel back to OC quite often to see family.

We had a crazy and eventful weekend. But it was so much fun!! I love summertime and beautiful weather. Now I’m off to say goodbye to my 4th graders tomorrow and my colleagues on Wednesday…it will be a difficult week!



1 comment:

Corinne Doughan said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!! I'm so glad you had a WONDERFUL day! It makes me want to move back to the midwest ... like today! :)