Thursday, February 4, 2010

Orin Update

An update on Orin:

He’s almost one! I can hardly believe that it has almost been a year since we were in the hospital meeting him for the first time. We’ve been busy planning and preparing for his construction-themed birthday party. I think it will be a good time!

When he turned 11 months, I substituted his 4:00 bottle with 6 ounces of whole milk and a snack. He took a while adjusting and accepting the fact that he was never getting formula at that time again. I changed it up trying to get a good feel for things. Like sometimes I would put the milk in a bottle and other times I would put it straight in the sippy. Sometimes I would try to rock him with the bottle or sippy and other times I would put him in the highchair to drink and eat a snack. He didn’t really do well with either option for a while. Then about a week and a half after that, once he had gotten the hang of it, I switched his 11:30 bottle to whole milk and lunch. It took him a good week to adjust, in fact he has only had two days now where he finished the whole sippy of milk. I fill the sippy with 10 oz of milk. I give him that milk during breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper. For the first few days, he was only drinking about half of the milk. But the last few days, he has done super and finished all 10 ounces. Success! I haven't decided when to switch the other two feedings.

Here’s his current schedule:

7:30- 6 oz bottle and breakfast
9:30-11:30- Nap
11:30- Sippy of whole milk and lunch
1:30-4:00- Nap
4:00- Sippy of whole milk and snack (cheerios, puffs, raisins, crackers, cheese, etc.)
6:00- Sippy of whole milk and supper
7:30- 7 oz bottle

I also found another tooth last night! He decided to go out of order and pop the top tooth right above his other tooth. Ryan said, “Well, I hope that doesn’t mean he’s missing that bottom tooth!” Haha! Orin hasn’t really showed signs of teething other than being really clingy and cuddly. He did wake up last night before we had gone to bed, so I gave him some Tylenol and that was good enough to get him through the night. I’m thankful that he doesn’t get too crabby when he’s teething!

Here's a few pictures of the little man. He’s been helping me prepare for my photo shoot I have tomorrow morning.

I think he’s pretty sick of mama always taking pictures. Look at that serious face!

1 comment:

ashley morgan said...

Your son is a doll-face! That's so cute that you're having a construction themed party! I went to one last year and blogged about it. Here's the link:

I'm sure it's going to be a blast!