Monday, June 29, 2009

Acorn Squash

I have started making baby food for the little man. I figured since I have a deep freeze and I have time in the summer, I better get busy and stay ahead of the game.

I want to be sure to document what I started with and how much I made, so these posts will occur periodically throughout the next several months. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Corinne!! She has walked this road twice already with her two boys, and she has really given me a lot of advice and knowledge when it comes to making homemade baby food.

I bought two acorn squash, cut them in half, and put them upside down in a pan with water. After steaming them 20 minutes at 350 degrees, I let them cool and then scooped out the squash. Pureed it in the blender with the water from the pan.

Two acorn squash filled 22 ice cube servings. My next adventure will be sweet potatoes.

2 comments:

Corinne Doughan said...

I'm so glad I can be of some use!! :)

Katie Olthoff said...

I made all of Adam's babyfood. He loved the acorn squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and any fruits. I had a hard time making "green" things for him, but now he eats those as finger foods. You will save soooo much money this way! And we started eating healthier becuase we were buying fruits and veggies for Adam!