Monday, October 26, 2009

Frozen Meals Continued...

Here are a few more recipes that I made today or plan to make when needed instead of freezing them. Enjoy!

Cheesy Chicken Dish- Easy, Easy, Easy meal to do in the crockpot. I halved the recipe for Ryan and I using only 3 large breasts, 1/2 C dressing, 1 small soup, and 1 cream cheese.

8-10 Chicken Breasts
3/4 C Italian Dressing
1 family size Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Packages of Cream Cheese
Pot of Rice

1. Place frozen chicken and dressing in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
2. During the last hour, mix the soup and cream cheese together and melt in microwave for 4 min. Add to Crockpot and turn on high for 1 hour.
3. Serve over rice.

Red Beans and Rice- Very good and quick meal to throw together and freeze. I tripled the recipe and made 3 gallon freezer bags 1/2 to 3/4 full.

1 Bush's Best Chili Hot Beans (I used 3 cans)
1 Del Monte Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes with Jalepeno peppers and spices (I used 3 cans)
Ring Bologna Sausage (I bought two and it was plenty for tripling the recipe)

Cut Sausage into round disks or smaller and mix with canned beans and tomatoes. Throw into freezer bags or warm up on stove. Serve over rice.

Meatloaf- I used to freeze this, but I never have had it turn out as good when frozen. So now I just make it fresh.

1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1/4 C. Ketchup
2/3 C. Milk
3/4 C. Cracker Crumbs/oatmeal
1/4 C. Water
2 Beaten Eggs
1/4 C. Onion
Salt
Pepper

Mix all ingredients in 9x9 pan or loaf pan. Add sauce on top before baking:

1/3 C. Ketchup
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Mustard

Back at 350° for 1 hour.


Brown Rice- Easy side to a meal

1 Cup rice
2 Cans Beef Consomme
1/2 Stick Butter

Put ingredients in casserole dish and back covered 1 hour at 350°.

1 comment:

MommyH said...

Katie, Thanks much for taking the time to post these recipes. I have been meaning to write them down since I saw them on here....and finally had the time to do it today :) Looking forward to making them! Leah