Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Precious One

Baby boy,

You had a babysitter put you to sleep tonight while Mama and Daddy went to a church social event. When we got home, I just wanted to hold you and cuddle you one more time before bed.

So mama held you very slowly and rocked you back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while I held you, I sang:


I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.

Eventually, we were both sleeping in the chair when Daddy found us and took these pictures.

I know life can get busy and it is easy to get overwhelmed with my "To Do" list for each day. But tonight, I simply desired time with you in my arms, and I thanked God for placing you into our lives. I listened to your breathing, I stared into your sleepy eyes, I smelled your freshly shampooed hair, I prayed over you, and I realized how blessed I am to be able to cradle and rock my healthy, happy, ornery, spunky, and lovable baby boy.

Mama and Daddy love you so very much! In fact, we will love you forever! We will like you for always. As long as we're living, our baby you will be!


*Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

2 comments:

AKat said...

sweet, sweet, sweet. precious. i needed to read that at three a.m. as i'm up rocking my little one, with his freshly shampooed hair and deep sighs. thanks for reminding me to savor these moments!

p.s. this could totally be your project 52 number 1 photo...just saying... :)

MommyH said...

hey katie :) good to find you on here. orin is so sweet. and nothing's sweeter than getting to rock your little one to sleep. i completely agree. hope you all are doing well, and i'll look forward to seeing orin grow through your blog :)