Thursday, October 22, 2009

Temporary Craziness

And the craziness has begun! I was starting to wonder if subbing would ever pick up, but indeed it has! I subbed Tuesday for 6th grade literature and then was asked to sub the rest of the week in the resource room. I had forgotten how much I love teaching Middle School! I never want to sub my weeks away. I really only plan to sub 2-3 days a week unless they are really in a bind. We'll see how that plan goes for someone who can't say no.

Orin has seen a variety of sitters all week, and I'm just craving some consistency for the poor little guy. At least they have been able to get him to take all of his bottles and some babyfood.

I have a new appreciation for working moms. I don't know how to get it all done when subbing everyday. Tonight, we actually ran out of clean bottles and we didn't realize it until it was time for his 8:00pm bottle. That's how crazy we have been lately.

It's the fall and winter rush for Ryan and the construction business. So with working on several construction projects at once and dealing with the coffee shop, he is pretty stressed and tired.

I would say we can't wait till the weekend, but our weekend brings even more craziness. Tomorrow evening is the Halloween party for all of us friends and kids. We all get dressed up, carve pumpkins, and eat lots of snacks. You know...all the fun stuff. Then Saturday, Ryan is working a half day. We have family pictures later in the afternoon, and then a family birthday party to go to that evening. Sunday is church and life group and then it is back to Monday already.

Aaagh, when can we just be hermits and stay home, sleep in, watch movies, be a family, do family things, laugh, cuddle, and play?? I'm craving family time. I'm craving quality time with my baby boy who I feel I haven't seen all week. I'm craving quality time with my husband other than at 11:00 at night when we both collapse into bed.

We know it's just a temporary craziness, but I'm about ready for it to be done! I'm ready for a slower pace.

1 comment:

Corinne Doughan said...

You and I are SOOO much alike regarding our desire for a slower paced life. I'm definitely not a go, go, go type person. Hang in there.